Saturday, January 31, 2009

Food for Thought #2

Once again Lee has posted another Food for Thought set of questions.
Appetizer: Look to your left. What color do notice see first?

Dark maroon - somehow there are two project bags and a kleenex box that all look like I planned them to match

Soup: What type of beans do you enjoy most?

Coffee Beans!

Salad: What was the most interesting thing that happened during the last week?

I realized that this week was what I'm calling my Knitter Anniversary. One year ago I met two amazing people, just a couple days apart from each other. One friend I met while knitting a sock and waiting to get a CT Scan. After that, we email, we meet for coffee and knitting, we went to Stiches together. She's wonderful, warm and caring. Another friend, Apryl, made a comment on Ravelry about my son's Pokemon Knucks. We started emailing (and snail-mailing) back and forth from that point. Today, both these women are now an important part of my life and I can't believe I've only known them for a year.

Entré: What was the most difficult decision your had to make in the last year? How did you decide?

My most difficult decision was actually made in December 2007, so a bit more that a year. That's when I decided to change jobs. Everything in the past year has been in support of that decision. It turned out to be a very good one. My stress levels have gone down, I feel respected and where I belong, plus knowing what's going on at the old one, a bit more financially secure. I have a wonderful manager, a great team and good colleagues and friends. Luckily there haven't been too many difficult ones since that. (Either that or my definition of "difficult" has adjusted a lot as I've gotten older)

Dessert: Among your friends and family, who has the next birthday?

Friend Kissa has the next one in March and then MojaveSis in April.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

Coffee beans--heh--you are so tricky.