Saturday, June 28, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
My mom emailed me the latest quiz and I also so Apryl post one on her blog so I figured I'd post answers here and maybe learn more about friends in the blog-universe.
Welcome to the new 2008 edition of getting to know your friends! Here
is what you are supposed to do, and try not to be lame and spoil the
fun. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
Then send this
to a bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person who sent it to
you. Some of you may get this several times; that means you have lots
of friends. The easiest way to do it is to hit 'forward' so you can
change the answers.
Have fun and be truthful!
- What is your occupation right now? SAP Supervisor, Variant Configuration
- What color are your socks right now? None, wearing high-heeled sandals
- What are you listening to right now? The clicking of the light overhead… and now that I noticed it, it’s going to drive me crazy.
- What was the last thing that you ate? Homestyle microwave popcorn last night
- Can you drive a stick shift? Yes
- Last person you spoke to on the phone? Dad
- Do you like the person who sent this to you? Of course!
- How old are you today? Almost 36, 10 more days
- What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Basketball if I have to but I avoid TV sports. (I’ll go live though to baseball, hockey or basketball)
- What is your favorite drink? Coffee!
- Have you ever dyed your hair? Yeah… I’m told my natural color matches son’s but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it beyond the roots.
- Favorite food? Dad’s spaghetti, Red Vines
- What is the last movie you watched? Lord of the Rings – The Two Towers (extended)
- Favorite day of the year? Whatever day son and I go to annual trip to Great America.
- How do you vent anger? Yell, throw something
- What was your favorite toy as a child? My Barbie dolls
- What is your favorite season? Spring
- Cherries or Blueberries? Neither! (I don't like the skins. I will eat blueberry muffins)
- Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Yes
- Who is the most likely to respond? By email, Tiff because she’ll respond to me and Mom, probably Kissa. It will be interesting on the blog
- Who is least likely to respond? Not sure, first time posting on blog
- Living arrangements? Son, two cats in an apartment
- When was the last time you cried? Couple weeks ago when watching Snow Buddies. Yeah, I'm a sucker for the sap
- What is on the floor of your closet? shoes, luggage, bins of yarn
- Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Not counting Mom and MojaveSis, it would be my friend Kissa.
- What did you do last night? Answered email and Ravelry, watched Stargate and knit
- What inspires you? Creative inspiration comes from color. Other inspiration comes from feeling like I’m helping others in some way.
- What are you most afraid of? People in my life getting dangerously hurt.
- Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese
- Favorite dog breed? ALL of them!!!! And Cats too!!!!
- Favorite day of the week? Sunday. If we get all the chores done Saturday, Sunday is usually a “do nothing important’ day.
- How many states have you lived in? Two
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Yesterday, we went to Chicago. The purpose of our trip was to see Wicked. Pictures were not allowed during the show but here's one of son by the poster. I had got us some slightly dressier clothes for this without being too dressy. There was a poor kid about son's age that walked by in full suit coat and tie, looking very irritable. Son turns and says "thanks mom for never making me do that when it's not needed. we are just the right amount of dressy". (and we were). The musical was beautiful, son loved it and talked about it the rest of the day.
Lorna's Laces Shepherd. Two skeins in sock weight, named Springer. A single skein in worsted called Mixed Berries. (it's saying "make me into a hat")
Since we were on the train for 2-3 hours total during the day, I got one heel done on the socks that I carry with me. I don't work on these regularly so they are a slow pair. I tried something different this time, increasing the heel side quite a bit before doing the short rows. We'll see how it comes out later, I need to do the other heel before I can start going around and around again.
The other part of our trip, after Wicked was spent going to the Lego store. Son wasn't going to buy any Indiana Jones Legos because he's convinced Grumpy will want to buy him some for his birthday in another couple months. He did however get a pretty cool Dwarf castle set and we built it together this morning. Dwarves, of course, are miners so the castle actually has some really neat features for moving the mined crystals around. You can see that Tigger was our kitty supervisor, at least until he tried to eat some of them and then he got sent away.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
This is a kit sock. The pattern is by Cat Bordhi and called Flying Carpet Socks. It has a different kind of toe than usual, it's a garter stitch square. The kit came with two kinds of yarn, one Lorna's Laces (for the toe, heel and cuff) and one Mountain Colors Bearfoot for the main sock.
This is the Moderne Baby Blanket as it is so far. It's a tad further than this as I've now bound off that blue edge but pretty close. I like how it's coming out so far.
son and I went to the bead & button show Saturday. The only thing I bought was a kit from Deanna's Vintage Styles. (it's bracelet called Twisted if you are looking on the website). You have beads which you thread on metallic thread and then knit that with size 0000 needles. The kit makes one bracelet and one necklace. I'm showing one repeat below, the beaded strand and the needles with cell phone just for perspective. I didn't buy anything else because while walking around I was reminded of things I bought last year that are still not done. (three kits from last year are sitting in the craft closet)