Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Food for Thought

Once upon a time there was a blog called Friday's Feast. It provide thought provoking questions in the form of a menu. Just about the time I added it to Bloglines so I could follow along and participate, it disappeared. Well now Lee has decided to honor it with his own version. I am participating today with his first batch of questions.

Appetizer: Who is the person physically nearest you right now? What is that person doing?
Son is close by watching the DVD extras on a Bionicle movie. He dug it out, hasn’t watched it since he was about 8 (he’s 12 now)

Soup: Hit Shuffle on your mp3 player. What do you like most about the song came up? (If you don’t have an mp3 player, use the song currently on your favorite radio station.)
The song that came up is “Go Figure” by Everlife which is from a Disney CD from one of their made for TV movies.. It’s on there because son loaded a bunch of those before. But also I like the message, even if it is a Disney tween song. It’s all about taking chances and realizing life is full of twists and turns.

Salad: What is your favorite restaurant?
Well, I’m not sure if it’s a restaurant but son immediately said “Starbucks!”

Entré: What are you most looking forward to in the Obama administration? What do you most fear? (Even Republicans has something to hope for, and even Democrats have something that they fear.)
I am looking forward to a president that seems consistent to himself in all situations, one that encourages hope and responsibility. My only fear is that while he is working hard in a rough time & place that extremists will not give him a chance. I worry that people are expecting miracles that no human could provide quickly.

Dessert: What made you laugh hardest in the last 24 hours?
I laughed a lot this past weekend. Friends’ 4yo daughter made me giggle, my son always makes me laugh, the freedom of true relaxation of self with good friends was wonderful. Returning to work, I find myself laughing with friends who have joined together daily for a quick break in what our manager has labeled the “coffee club”. Even on the rough days, I’m surrounded by wonderful people there.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Oh, duh, I should have thought of Starbucks!

knittingdragonflies said...

This is a nice idea.
Vicki