Friday, June 29, 2007

Tagged!!

Ok, I got tagged by Cami... rules are for the date of your birth search Wikipedia and find 3 events, 2 birthdays and 1 holiday and then tag five "blog" pals. I'm assuming there are no tag-backs.

July 4th. (yes, really)


Holiday: US Independence Day. Yay me!

Birthday 1: 1804, Nathaniel Hawthorne

Birthday 2: 1918, Abigail Van Buren (Dear Abby) and her sister, Ann Landers

Event 1: In 1865, "Alice in Wonderland" was published

Event 2: In 1855, In Brooklyn, New York, the first edition of Walt Whitman's book of poems titled "Leaves of Grass" is published.

Event 3: 1776 - American Revolutionary War: The Continental Congress approves a Declaration of Independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. (The Lee Resolution of independence had been passed on July 2nd.) (Oh, like you didn't guess I would put that one!)


I'm tagging Knitting in the Mojave Sister, Chelsea, Marigold, & Boris . I know that's only four but Cami took the others! (and yes, I'm tagging her hubby since she didn't!)

-DFly

2 comments:

knitter in the desert said...

Huh who will I tag?....

camillaknits said...

Just stopping by to say hello. dead-dog tired, but, well, you've probably surveyed the damage from a safe distance... I swear it'll look better once it's painted. I'm actually too tired to knit, and I was making slow progress on Vapes, after I decided to leave in all my pitiful errors. tell the kal hey for me... i'm going to bed.Cami