Here's the good:
- I did it! I really did it!
- It has a heel, gusset and decreased toe
- It's a beautiful blue
Here's the bad:
- It doesn't fit.
Ok... so that's only one bad but it's a pretty big and depressing one. It's baggy around the heel. It's loose all around. Now, I know what I did, I did actual gauge instead of slightly stretched, which is needed for a sock. At least for the general looseness. The heel, I used a k1, s1 (RS), p1, s1 (WS), which actually made a very dense fabric. So dense that it pulls tight and makes the fabric above that area blouse. Not something I want in a heel.
On the plus side, I guess... now I don't really need to feel guilty about immediately casting on the second one because who wants a pair where one of the socks is all floofy. (yes... one of the socks... I really can't see making a second one exactly as bad!). So now, I can cast on for other things (like the Invisibility Shawl) and just take this as a learning experience.
Oh, one more good.... it does look pretty with the daffodils :-)
Happy Knitting! - Dragonfly