Thursday, October 18, 2007

Throw Grow


The throw is growing, it's now 48in long. (and 34in wide although it's hanging narrow in the picture). What's annoying me is that you combine 4 colors, one of the colors you double. So I have red, green, purple and two grey strands.... the pattern said to buy 3 skeins of the single-strand colors and 5 skeins of the two-strand color. Ok... I've used up 2 each of the single-skein colors and 4 of the double skein color and I need to keep going.... but oops, I either need another skein of the grey, or I need to split the skein. If I split the skein, it will not be long enough. So I'm off to Michaels at some point to buy another one. Luckily Lion Brand Jiffy isn't exactly fancy dyelot so I can probably pick up another one and not have it noticible. Especially since it's all blended together anyway. Just annoyed by it.

And the obligatory cute kitten picture...




3 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Wow, seems like that throw is consuming a lot of yarn! I bet it will be warm and cozy, though.

Chelsea said...

Before I even started my sweater I did some calculations and thought I was going to run out of yarn so I bought 3 more balls, hoping they would be the same dyelot. Well, now that all the knitting is done I have just under 4 balls of yarn left. Maybe I can't do math.

knitter in the desert said...

Oh Tiger is getting sooo cute! And he's growing!