- Appetizer: What was the last song that got stuck in your head?
- Well the other day, I had "Video Killed the Radio Star" because of the Entré question. Generally I wake up with something in my head, apparently I have an internal sleep-radio, but for the life of me, I don't know what it's been since it's now evening.
- Soup: What does that song make you think of?
- The 80's, VH1, living in California. The funny thing is, I don't really remember being aware of the song at that time.
- Salad: What is your favorite song in a language other than your native tongue?
- Sadly, "Frère Jacques" is the only thing that comes to mind. But it does stick in my head often.
- Entré: If video killed the radio star, will the Internet kill Literature?
- I don't think so. Personally, because of the internet I've become more aware of literature that I may not have come across through just bookstore browsing. In fact, my bookcases are overwhelmed these days.
- Dessert: What was the last thing you read for the pleasure of reading?
- A Lion Among Men (#3 of Wicked books)
- Spinning in the Old Way (preparing a little to learn to spin on my drop spindle)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw (#3 of this series, read with son)
- Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone (ok, as an audio book, introducing son to the idea that books are better than the movies)
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Food for Thought #3
Two posts in one day because Lee has posted the next Food for Thought