Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bizzy Chevy Socks

First, I finished these socks ages ago, back in August. I wore them the other day and it occurred to me that I never posted them as I was waiting for permission. These are again designed by the wonderfully sweet Shannon of Unwind Yarns. The pattern is called Bizzy Chevy Socks due to the Chevron stitch pattern. The yarn is also one of hers, called Shiraz in the "For the Boys" colorway. It’s wonderfully smooshy, these are one of my favorites to wear just for pure comfort.

The pattern is well-written and the stitch pattern is simple to follow, I actually knit on these during last season’s Stitch N Pitch game. I do think that the pooling of this particular pair wasn’t quite what I wanted, I love the look right around the ankle where the color repeats are shorter where you can see more of the zigzag effect, but that's a property of this colorway. I will definitely be using the pattern again with some self-striping yarn or a yarn that has shorter color bits that maybe won't pool.


1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Very nice, glad we finally got to see them!
You need to blog more, we miss you!
Vicki