This is a step-by-step picture tutorial for how I knit the Mother Bear pattern in the round using toe-up sock techniques. Techniques used are magic loop, Judy's Magic Cast-On, two-at-a-time sock knitting and kitchener stitch. While the video does not go into the details of these techniques, helpful links can be found below or on the side bar.
Note: This version does not match the in the round pattern found on Ravelry, but it's how I knit.
- KnitGirlls tutorial for Judy's Magic Cast-on
- Original Knitty article for Judy's Magic Cast-on
- A version of two at a time toe-up socks using magic loop and Judy's cast-on
- How to Weave in Ends as You Knit
- Kitchener stitch video tutorial
- Knitty article on Kitchener stitch
As a side note, my laptop is having a lot of issues so getting the tutorial up was a challenge. I am hoping to podcast in a day or so, I'm sorry I'm late, especially during the challenge!
Please post your finished bears in the thread on our Ravelry board. If you don't have a Ravelry account, email me your pics. There are some wonderful bears over there, many of them from my mom *grin*