Friday, July 20, 2012

Susan G Komen 5K

A couple episodes ago I alluded to the fact that something tragic happened the day of my birthday but I couldn’t talk about it. I did talk about it a bit here on plurk though, but in case you missed that here goes....

One of my employees had a daughter who suffered from breast cancer for a long time. She did everything right, she ate right, she took care of herself, she followed all the procedures and for a time it went into remission. Within the last year though it came back with a vengeance spreading throughout her body and eventually to her brain. The morning of my birthday I had a voicemail message letting me know that she had passed in the night. As I was celebrating my 40th birthday, she had died at 40. She left behind a loving husband and two children.

My team and I wanted to do something to show our support and caring. The best way we could think of is to raise money for breast cancer research in her honor.

So this is my personal page, and I will be doing a giveaway for knitters. If you donate to myself, the team or a team member (there will be more of us) please let me know. put your Ravelry name, your plurk name, send me a PM, a private plurk an email to the podcast email address… something and I will enter you. Any donation will be an entry but there will be a special drawing for donations $25 or greater.

Also if you have anything you would like to donate for a prize, I would appreciate it, just contact me!

Thank you all so much!

Edited to Add:    And she was a knitter too!!

Vicki's Page Team ROK On

No comments: